Sunday, April 18, 2010

14th April 2010

I wake up early, in Thomas' bed, feeling out of sorts. I get up and dressed then take a few seconds wondering if I should leave a note. I decide against seeing as during our six month relationship he has fought to keep out any progression of intimacy and would surely be happy to wake up and find me gone. It would save him his early morning speech about how fantastically busy he is. Too busy to offer me a cup of tea before suggesting in more or less words that it was time for me to go.

It was only 6.30am but the day was already sunglasses bright but with a biting chill. I reached the tube station, swiped my oyster then began counting the steps as I trailed down the spiral staircase still too scared to try the lift down to the platform that was seemingly in perfect working order everyday. Two hundred and one, two hundred and two, two hundred and three... it really was time I face this lift phobia, it would save me twenty minutes and a lot of unnecessary exercise everyday.

It was seven thirty by the time I got home. Jake and Rosie were still asleep. Of course they were, there's no need for a trustafarian and a socialite to be up before three in the afternoon. Panza, Rosie's teacup chiwauwa, started nipping at my ankles. I looked down at the rat-like creature, wriggling in a custom made tutu, with eyes wild and scared. I went to his dog bowl (pink plastic with mock diamonds) there I found some dried up chocolate cake with some kettle chips sprinkled on top. 'For fuck sake' I said to no one before dumping the contents in the bin and searching for dog food but finding none. I brushed my teeth in the shower then got out to find there were no towels in the cupboard. I jumped up and down to shed some of the water before creeping downstairs and into Rosie's room. I didn't recognize the man lying naked, asleep, next to her with fighting dragons tattooed on his chest, she must be cheating on Christopher again. Her bedroom floor is carpeted in filthy designer dresses and bags, I select an Alexander McQueen dress (the crochet detail hides the cum stains on it) and I step into it. At the last moment I scoop up the rat-dog, pulling off the dumb tutu. Once again I will take him into work to let him frolic in the court yard and feed him some dog food.

No comments:

Post a Comment